- 1 lemon
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers drained and rinsed
- Slice the lemon in half, juice one half, then cut the other half into slices and set aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper then dredge each breast in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter with the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter or plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken broth or wine (or 1/2 cup of both) the lemon juice, sliced lemons, and the capers, scraping up the browned bits on the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients and Instructions for Mushrooms
- Sliced mushrooms (I used mini portobello)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of paprika
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until cooked well
- ARUGULA SALAD WAS JUST ARUGULA TOPPED WITH SLICED CHEESE AND A STORE BOUGHT ITALIAN DRESSING