- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Hamburger Buns (I used the Brioche buns from #traderjoes)
- Lettuce (I used freshly picked butter lettuce from #underwoodfamilyfarms)
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 large Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Sliced tomato
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
Instructions for Burger:
- Toast hamburger buns
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder. Mix together well.
- Form the beef into medium meatballs.
- Add vegetable oil to a sauce pan. Once the pan is hot, add your meat balls. With a spatula, flatten the patties so that they’re about 1/2 an inch thick. Cook for a couple minutes.
- After 1-2 minutes flip your patties over and cook for another couple minutes. Cook for longer if you want them to be well done.
Instructions to Caramelize Onions:
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat
- Add onions, 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1/2. Up water to the pan
- Once water is boiling, reduce your heat to low and cover for about 25-30 minutes
Instructions for Sautéed Mushrooms:
- Clean mushrooms by gently wiping with a paper towel.
- Slice into thin slices
- Add vegetable oil and butter (or margarine) to a pan on medium/high heat
- Add garlic, mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked.
- (You can also add 1/4 cup of white wine to add some more flavor to the mushrooms)
– Toast your hamburger buns. Add your meat patty, 1 slice of Swiss cheese, sautéd mushrooms, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato slices then top bun.
– Sauces posted in my pic: #traderjoes Truffle Ketchup, TRUFF Hot Sauce and Danny’s Hot Sauce
burger #hamburger #islandsburgers #mushrooms #swiss #underwoodfamilyfarms #traderjoes #truffsauce #homemade #dinner #dinnerideas #food #foodporn #foodphotography #foodstagram #foodie #lunch #yum #instagood #daily #blogger #hangrymoms #delicious #love #healthylifestyle #quarantinelife #groundbeef