Ingredients for Orange Chicken
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger or ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 orange, zested
Instructions for Orange Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or preheat air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Add the panko to a ziplock bag and crush them until they’re very fine.
- Add the panko to one bowl, the chicken (cut into small chunks) in a second bowl, the eggs in a third bowl, and the flour in a fourth bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour, then the egg, then breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet, then spray with cooking spray (or brush lightly with vegetable oil).
- Bake for about 25 minutes in the oven or 20 minutes in the air fryer
- Add vegetable oil, ginger, garlic and crushed red peppers to a saucepan on medium heat and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, bring to a boil until it thickens then turn off the heat and wait for the chicken to finish baking, then toss the chicken with the sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Ingredients for Lo Mein
- 1/2 package Lo Mein noodles (I got mine from #wholefoods. You can also use regular spaghetti)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
Instructions for Lo Mein:
- Heat up a sauce pan with vegetable oil on medium heat. Add carrots and broccoli and sauté until cooked. Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat the sesame oil in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Take off heat and whisk in soy sauce, brown sugar and sriracha until well combined.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and add to pan with sauce, carrots and broccoli and toss.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds
- I used the frozen mini chicken wontons from #traderjoes.
- Follow package instructions
#orangechicken #chinesefood #lomein #chowmein #wonton #pandaexpress #soysauce #food #foodphotography #foodstagram #chicken #dinner #homemade #blogger #foodie #foodblogger #hangrymoms #sesameseeds #yummy #daily #foodideas #recipe #healthylifestyle