Sometimes all you need is a simple salad and some protein. La Scala’s Chopped Salad is a popular and healthy dish and now you can make it yourself!
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce, finely chopped
- 1/2 head of Iceberg Lettuce, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup. Mozzarella, shredded
- 1-15-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 Tbs. wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Directions for Salad:
Chop all ingredients, but leave garbanzos whole. Toss all together and dress with vinaigrette.
𝗜𝗻𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗸:
- Rib eye steak (I got mine from #traderjoes
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Cast iron skillet or oven safe pan
- A lot of people use rosemary. My hubby is not a fan, but it’s a great addition
- Chives (not necessary but a nice addition)
𝗜𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 #steak :
- Take the steaks out of the fridge 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook.
- Make sure to pat steaks really dry. After 30 minutes, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put pan on high until you see smoke. Add oil (I used avocado) then the steak.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes then flip over. Add garlic and butter and cook for another minute. Add to oven. For medium, cook in oven for 5-6 minutes. Less time for rare, more time for well done.
- Take out of oven and let REST for 5-10 minutes then slice.
- Serve with chive/butter or margarine.
#lascalasalad #lascala #steak #ribeyesteak #beverlyhills #salad #healthylifestyle #healthyfood #homemade #lunch #dinner #hangrymoms #garbanzos #lettuce #tomato #cheese #food #foodie #foodphotography #yum #foodiesofinstagram #foodblogger #blogger #love #daily