Ingredients for Slaw:
- 1 bunch of kale – thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green cabbage – thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts – roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Ingredients for Slaw Dressing:
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Ingredients for Chicken Sandwich:
- Brioche Buns from #Traderjoes – Top of the bun brushed with butter and sesame seeds
- Sliced tomatoes
- Swiss cheese slices
- Pre-made Slaw
- 2 Chicken breast cutlets
Ingredients for Crispy Chicken:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup cold water
Instructions for Crispy Chicken:
- Mix all ingredients together and then separate half of it into another bowl.
- In one of the bowls add the cold water to make the batter. Make sure to mix well.
- Dip the chicken in the dry mix. Shake off excess seasoning. Dip into batter, allow excess batter to drip off. Then dip back into dry mix.
- Heat up a medium pan with vegetable oil on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
Begin layering sandwich. Add chicken, slaw. Swiss, tomatoes, then top bun. Cut in half.
Ingredients for Sushi:
- Cooked sushi rice (check package for instructions). (You can buy sushi rice from most markets – #ralphs, #wholefoods, etc
- Spicy tuna – cut up chunks of tuna, scallions, spicy mayo (you can buy store bought or mix together mayonnaise and sriracha sauce)
- Sliced tuna – I got my spicy tuna and tuna from Nijiya Market on Sawtelle
- Avocado slices
- Cut up green onions
- Spicy mayo
Instructions for Sushi:
- Cook sushi rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, turn off heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Add 1/3 cup rice vinegar and 1.5 teaspoons sugar.
- Put water in a bowl and set aside.
- Wet your hands with the water. Take some of the rice and shape into a small rectangle. Add some spicy tuna. Make another small rectangle with the rice and add that on top of the spicy tuna. Add avocado slices, then a slice of the tuna on top. Top with green onions and a little sea salt.
- Serve with spicy mayo, eel sauce, pickled ginger and soy sauce.
#honorbar #hillstonerestaurant #hillstone #rdkitchen #southbeverlygrill #bandera #dingscrispychickensandwich #chickensandwich #sushi #spicytuna #spicytunaroll #tuna #osaka #kale #kalesalad #brioche #sandwich #dinner #lunch #food #foodphotography #foodstagram #foodie #foodiesofinstagram #foodblogger #hangrymoms #spicymayo #yum #ınstagood