I LOVE when I can recreate a healthier version of a classic dish that tastes just as delicious! I substituted a few of the ingredients to make it guilt-free, and you can’t even tell!
Ingredients for Pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely grated
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound brown rice fusilli (#traderjoes)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ounce finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
Instructions for Pasta:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook, until paste starts to caramelize. Add vodka and cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Add cream and red pepper flakes and stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add pasta to the skillet with the sauce along with butter and ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and adding more pasta water if needed, until butter has melted. Season with salt and pepper and add Parmesan, tossing to coat.
Ingredients/Instructions for Salad:
- Romaine lettuce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Caesar Dressing
1. Add croutons to a ziplock bag and crush to form a powder. Lay the lettuce leaves on a plate, sprinkle with croutons and Parmesan and drizzle the dressing on top.
Ingredients/Instructions for Brussels Sprouts:
- Brussels Sprouts, washed, cleaned and cut in half
- Avocado or Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Parmesan cheese
- Skewer sticks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add Brussels Sprouts halves one by one on a skewer.
- Add salt, pepper, oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add to oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until crispy.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Let sit for a minute until cheese has melted.