Ingredients for Brisket:
- 1 pound Brisket
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Instructions for Brisket:
- Add all dry ingredients to the brisket and rub it on all sides. Top with Dijon mustard to seal in all of the seasoning. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, the longer the better.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Add brisket to an oven safe baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Add to oven and cook for 2-3 hours (longer if you’re using more than 1 pound of meat.
- When you’re about ready to serve, add barbecue sauce to a sauce pan. Take brisket out of oven and pour the accumulated juice from the brisket to the sauce pan with the barbecue sauce.
- Heat up barbecue sauce on the stove then brush or pour the sauce onto the brisket.
- Turn your oven on high broil and add brisket back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Ingredients for Creamy Cilantro Coleslaw:
- 1 package coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Mix all Coleslaw Ingredients in a bowl
- I used the Trader Joe’s “Reduced Guilt” Mac n Cheese for this dish. Follow package instructions
- I also used the Organic Chicken Sausage from Trader Joe’s – follow package instructions
- Serve with cut up dill pickles, sliced white onion, bbq sauce, hot sauce and sliced white bread
#bbqplatter #bbq #brisket #sausage #chickensausage #macncheese #bbqsauce #coleslaw #babybluesbbq #bludsosbbq #mapleblockmeatco #slab #food #foodporn #foodphotography #foodstagram #foodie #traderjoes #dinner #homemade #meat #beef #hangrymoms #instadaily #instagood #daily #yum #goodvibes #lunch #recipe