1 yellow onion
1 can garbanzo beans and/or 1/3 cup yellow split peas
4-5 Chicken thighs
Bone Marrow (@rabbisdaughter )
3-4 dried limes (@sadaf_foods )
2 russet potatoes, 1.5 cubed and the remainder half shredded
- Put the bone marrow in about 3 cups of water and boil for a few minutes until you see a lot of white foam at the top of the water. Take off heat, wash the marrow and the entire pot. (If you are not using bone marrow then do this step with your chicken)
- Put the marrow and the onion in a pot, fill halfway with hot water, add salt, pepper and turmeric. Put the stove on high and once it starts boiling, reduce to low. (Again, if you’re only using chicken then do this step with the chicken.
- If you’re using bone marrow, at this point you want to wash the chicken and lay out to dry. Add the chicken to the obgoosht after 1 hour. If you’re only using chicken and not bone marrow then you don’t do this step.
- Cut 2 potatoes into 1 inch cubes and shred half of another potato. After the bone marrow is cooking for 15 minutes, add the potatoes and beans/split peas.
- Cut 2-3 small holes in the dried limes, soak them in warm water for 30 mins, then add to obgoosht.
Give the obgoosht a good 2-3 hours to cook. Keep checking on it to make sure there’s enough water.
Rice And tahdig instructions:
- Rinse the rice to wash out any debris.
- Soak the rice in cold water with salt for an hour
- Drain the water, add to a pot and fill halfway with water. Add a little more salt, cover, put on high.
- Allow rice to boil for 3-4 minutes. Try a few pieces to make sure it’s cooked, then turn off. Drain the water. In the same pot add a couple tablespoons of water, a couple tablespoons of grape seed oil and then the rice. Turn stove on high. Once you see steam coming out of the pot, reduce to medium-low, cover pot with a towel or paper towel and then the lid and allow the rice to cook for 45 min-1 hr to get the tahdig.
Serve with Sabzi & Dried Lime Powder (ghardeh limoo) 𝘔𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 @sadaf_foods
#persianfood #persian #oboosht #chickensouphttps://www.instagram.com/p/B-7azm7lUDf/?igshid=smfacqxyb1w5